Monday, January 2, 2012

champagne and beer

let me just ask you to rewind a couple of days so I can show you the champagne and beer from
new year's eve - that is, if you're not feeling to seedy...
I made these champagne cupcakes to take to the barbecue me and the boys were invited to for NYE.
I adapted the lovely looking recipe from here at sprinkle bakes! but basically left out the champagne creme filling in the middle AND the sour cream because I didn't have the ingredients.
hmm bit of a poor man's version but ~ quite nice ~ a bit unusual ~ will make again for sure.




My friends have a very special room at their house - a beer room.
A room dedicated to the making and appreciating of beer.
I loved Ben's glass collection and beer fridge ~ taps inserted straight in the door! No mucking around.
Ben had a selection of his home brew to try - Strawbeery was my favourite!




More stories of Ben's beer ➭ here and ➭ here.
It was a great night, lots of families and kids, a yummy halloumi and nectarine salad that I will have to
track down the recipe for and we were home before midnight so I was up early the next day getting
stuck in to two thousand and twelve ~ day one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...