Wednesday, October 26, 2011

things break

Sometimes things that you never thought could possibly break, do in fact break.
I was a little heartbroken when my son dropped my pale pink hollywood melmac cup which I have been using and treasuring for years on the bathroom floor this morning.
I just looked at it and cried and walked away.
On a happier note though, I discovered the new IGA at Greenslopes this week and it's pretty fabulous.
So much good deli stuff that is often so hard to get around here.
Such as these pretzels! Until now I would have had to drive to the other side of the city to get one, so I went without.
Ok, so that almost made up for the cup.
I know some friends of mine have had a very crappy week. Things that aren't right, aren't expected, can't be fixed and won't be compensated by finding a pretzel supply close at hand. I hope they know that they are loved and worth a whole big gigantic bag of pretzels.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Ains with your skills you could probably get some tarzan grip and glue that better together - we have often repaired rebuilt broken bits and pieces and I aint no handy person - let me tell you.....
happy glueing
Sue

suburbansider said...

Tarzan grip, great idea... I'm going to need a big tube of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...