Saturday, September 24, 2011

Apples on Ainsworth

My sister and her husband recommended Apples on Ainsworth {facebook page} to me knowing how much I'd love it. It's just a few suburbs away to the west of where I live so the boys and I dropped in for lunch.  
This part of Salisbury used to get visited frequently by me although I haven't been there for a couple of years so I was delighted and surprised to find this little gem. It's a whole heap of goodness tucked into a little shop. The food looked amazing, especially the big fresh salads and there was an interesting range of teas and beautifully packaged {yay} cold drinks to tempt me next time. Lots of deli items as well as a selection of gorgeously displayed fresh fruit and veges. 







oh and did I mention the small matter of vintage... tea sets, drink glasses, serving ware, salt and pepper shakers, my tea pot had a fluffy cosy, a relaxed and eclectic collection of tables and seats pottering about the wide shaded footpath, a big basket of blankets to take across the road to the park for a picnic...
I am looking forward to returning, rennovations are underway and I am sure something beautiful awaits.

5 comments:

Kate Moore said...

I love the look and feel of this place. My sister's in Brisbane so I'll have to add it to my list of things to check out when I next visit.
Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from new readers and visitors.
The Famous Five are adorable aren't they? I've been hunting down a biography of Enid Blyton and there's a telemovie too. Eeep.

suburbansider said...

Hi Katiecrackernuts, thanks for your visit!
I would definitely recommend visiting Apples next time you are up.
I see from an earlier post your Famous Fives still had their dust jacket intact - even better! {mine don't}.
I haven't seen the movie about Enid Blyton, I hear she was a very interesting character, also much criticised, however I am a massive fan and her stories were a formative part of my childhood.
Happy reading, glad to have discovered your blog, as Dick would say "it's wizard".

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got a chance to visit it! It is so up your alley hey! The photos you took look great. That is interesting that they are renovating. We must visit again then. Lou x

Anonymous said...

Must say i LOVE the scrabble tile APPLES and the bunting flags :) Mainly because I made them hehe
Love what my sisters have done to the shop definitely a must see for anyone who loves quirky cute and everything vintage!

suburbansider said...

Oh wow! I loved the scrabble tiles and all of the little details - your family certainly know how to create something amazing! It's such a delight to visit, a great atmosphere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...