Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thank you deer!

So exciting to get a lovely package in the mail!





My dark little house delivers photos that don't quite do this lovely print justice. A better photo here.
I love the effect though when I held it to the window and the sunshine peeking through the holes in my curtain has reflected in the glass. I received this a couple of weeks ago from Creature Comfort's etsy shop Wren and Chickadee.
Ez very kindly contributed all proceeds to Earthquake and Tsunami relief.
This deer reminds me of when I was in Japan for a study trip during high school. We were slightly overwhelmed by some very tame deer, trying to steal our lunch when we were visiting Kyoto. That trip to Japan when I was 14 will always stand out as one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Since then all of my family has travelled there and over the years hosted many Japanese exchange students. My 13 year old has been begging me for years to take him there too so... one day... 
we look forward to visiting again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...